Tuesday, 17 September 2013

Skills audit


Personal Skills Audit                                             Name: Liam Walker

 
Skills acquired
How did these skills contribute to the creation of your product?
How will you develop these skills during the A2 project?
Digital technology
-       What equipment/software packages did you use to produce your production?
 
 
 
 
 
Video camera
Tripod
Photoshop
Blogger
Final cut express
Imovie
It helped my to be able to use the video camera to record my film. It helped me create images to add into my film. It helped me edit the film.
It will help me record my music video and anything I need to record. It will help me create my digipak and advert. It will allow me to edit the music video, and lip sync it.
Post production
-       What software did you use to create your production?
-       Discuss specific features of the software.
 
 
 
 
 
 
Final cut express
Photoshop
It allowed me to edit my film and allow me to add images into the film.
I will improve my editing skills for when the time comes to edit my music video and create my digipak and advert.
Research and Planning
-       What tasks did you complete when preparing to film your sequence?
-       How did your planning help the smooth progression of your film?
 
Researching conventions
9 frame analysis
Audience research
Institutional research
Story board
Props list
Risk assessment
Shooting schedule
This helped me keep everything organized so everything went to plan, also it allowed me to know what I was doing when it came to making the film.
I will be able to incorporate these skills to make sure that I keep everything up to standard and get it fully planned out so the music video is the best it can be.
Using conventions of real media texts
-       Which texts did you analyse?
-       Did you take any inspiration from the conventions found from your research?
 
 
 
 
Film
Film noirs
I used other film noirs as inspiration and influence to find the conventions needed to add in to my film.
I will use the skills I have required to be able to extract the conventions I am needing to follow to make my music video.
Creativity
- were our ideas for your portfolio imaginative and unique or did you adhere to conventions?
 
 
They mainly fit conventions, however there were parts that did not fit in with conventions.
In my film I followed conventions sometimes for example, black and white. However sometimes I could not get ahold of what I needed and had to improvise so I did not follow some conventions.
I will follow conventions so I can make my video recognizable.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment