I am analysing the digipak from the album 'folie a deux' by the band Fallout Boy. The reason I am doing this one is because it fits in with the genre I am creating my music video and promo package on. The photo on the front cover is a long shot of a evil looking bear carrying a grissly bear on it's shoulders with the name of the band and album either side of it. The two bears could show the sign of expect the unexpected as it is unusual to see a bear carrying another bear on it's shoulders and definitely not something expected. The two bears are surrounded by a red and black background which fits in well the two bears as both the background and the bears look evil.
Inside we see the disk, on the disk we once again see the to evil looking bears, once again one on the shoulders of the other, the name of the band is above and to the left of it while the name of the album is to the left and below of the bears.
If you take out the disk out you see this strange object that I can only describe as looking like a hot air ballon made out of flesh with a light in it. I have no idea what it is, but once again goes with expect the unexpected as I would not expect to see that inside. Whatever it is follows the colour scheme of black and red which could suggest that it is evil which led me to believe that it could be a hot air ballon made from flesh.
On the back te typical colour scheme of red and black is continued and there is a a list of the songs going down vertically in the order they are on the disk. Underneath the songs is a picture of two skeletons wearing pirate hats having a sword fight. This entre digipak screams strange evil, with unexpected things being flung in to it.

No comments:
Post a Comment